Saturday, August 9, 2008

Blogging Is Hard



Well, for me, at least.

Why?

I tend to be too thorough. Currently I have 2 post that I am working on. I wanted to write a little about the new DPS and tank rotations we will use in Wrath. After playing around a bit, I noticed that finding the optimal rotation will be difficult, so I started developing a spreadsheet to do that. Now I find out that I will have to do quite a bit of programming to get something that is halfway useful. This is not a problem, I am a software developer after all.

But taking 2 weeks per blog post is somewhat long, and is not the frequency I aim for. As an avid reader of several blogs I can attest that readers want posts in short and regular intervals.

Probably I should split up my posts.

How do other WoW-bloggers that are doing a lot of theorycrafting handle this problem? Do you write smaller posts that often link to other posts to explain details? Or do you craft very complete and thorough articles that have much more time between them?

Not that anyone is reading this.
(Isn't that the whole point of blogging? To pretend people do.)

No comments: